People often ask me how I am able to travel so frequently. Well, I want to answer that question for you in this blog post.
There actually are a few reasons why I am able to travel so often. What it comes down to, in its most basic state, is that I travel smart. I budget, prioritize and plan, plan, plan!
So, if you want to travel BUT don’t think you can afford or plan it… Keep reading…
Here are a few tips that will get you on a new adventure in no time!
- Be Adventurous. Sometimes you may find a great deal for a place you’ve never thought you’d visit. Take advantage of it, you may be surprised at how much you may like that new country or city.
- Prioritize. If you really want to travel do what it takes. Save that extra $10 a week. Skip the coffee, don’t buy that blouse. Show some willpower, you can do it!
- Set a budget and stick to it. WAIT let me say that again, set a realistic budget and stick to it!
- Plan it out. The more work you put in before going on vacation, the easier it will be to stick to your budget. You will know where most of the money will be spent on the trip. TIP: In some instances, if you book tickets for activities online, there are special discounts.
- Watch travel videos on YouTube, aka VLOGS. I get so many ideas on where to visit & how to plan my itinerary just by watching some of my favorite vloggers.
- Find airport hubs. There are airlines that run special deals out of certain airports. If you have been reading my blog for a while, you know that I use Norwegian Airlines quite often. The reason for this is that I have one of their airport hubs near me & I find great deals for flights.
- Use a private browser when searching for flights & check back often.
- Stay organized! I keep a list of everything I research for a trip. A few things to keep track of include: flight prices, rental car info, Airbnb’s, and sites to see.
- Make it a long weekend vacation. In my opinion, the best time to plan a little getaway, is during one of the Federal holidays most Americans get off. You can easily turn an ordinary 4-day weekend in to a fun-filled adventurous one!
- Don’t stress. If you are like me, you like to control the situation. The truth is, sometimes things are out of your control. Sometimes, the flights do not take off on time, maybe the perfect hotel or Airbnb is booked. When this happens, stay calm and make adjustments. Remember going away is supposed to be FUN, make the best out of the situation.
I hope this list inspires you to travel more and helps make your travel dreams a reality!
Cheers & thanks for reading!
Follow my adventures on Instagram @LaCatanese or search #LaCataneseTravel