I wanted to continue my Traveling Smart post with a few more money saving tips. These tips have really helped me & I hope they help you too!
- Earn cash back on your purchases. I use Ebates and usually get a good percentage back on car rentals. They also have decent cash back options for flight & hotel bookings. I suggest signing up for Ebates regardless of how much you travel, because you get cash back on so much more!
- Sign up for point cards for airlines, rentals & hotels. Points add up and the next thing you know you’ll be enjoying lots of discounts!
- Pack light. We mostly travel with a carry on & save a ton on extra luggage fees. Click here to see my favorite carry on luggage.
- Plan your outfits. I always plan my outfits down to the accessories and it helps with packing light. I’ll share a packing list post soon!
- Budget for things like airport parking or the taxy/uber ride to the airport for the departure and arrival….Better yet, get a friend or family member to drive you to the airport.
- While on vacation, go to the grocery store. This helps you not make extra unnecessary purchases. In the very least, I suggest buying things like water and snacks at the store.
Do you have travel advice to share? Comment below!
Cheers & thanks for reading!